NOTE: This title is written entirely in Japanese.
104 pgs, colour photos, softcover
(to order - go to Shopping Cart)
Category: Japanese Knitting books
Though written entirely in Japanese, there are clear charts to aid the Adventurous Knitter.
From the distributor.....
"Ideas for Double-Sided Scarves is a wonderful resource for anyone interested in making knitted fabrics that look beautiful on both sides.
A variety of knitting techniques are used in the projects, including:
• Stranded Fair Isle worked in the round (which cleverly hides the floats on the wrong-side)
• Reversible cables that look attractive on both sides, including some two-color ones for advanced knitters
• Double Knitting (using multiple colors) to create intarsia-looking fabric that lays flat and looks beautiful on the front and back
• Double-Knit Garter Stitch with Incorporated Beads (two different designs)
• Two-Color Entrelac to create a woven look
• Basic Seed Stitch Pattern (with the addition of an unusual knitted-in fringed edging)
• Textured Double Knitting with Incorporated Bobbles
• Two-Color Brioche Knitting
• Textured Lace Knitting
• Ruching (created by working horizontal stripes of increased stitches)
As a bonus, many of the scarf designs include unusual edge treatments such as i-cord trim, waves, ruffles, and tubular cast on for a no-edge edge, among others.
NOTE: All instructions are written in Japanese. However, each design includes a chart, so an intermediate level knitter with no knowledge of the Japanese language can make the projects. The back matter in the book includes clear technical illustrations for every chart symbol and rudimentary instructions for the skills required (such as double knitting)."
| Canadian Orders
|| US or International Orders
Return to listing of
Japanese Knitting Books